What is SkyWalker-2?
SkyWalker-2 is discontinued model
SkyWalker-2 is an advanced USB 2.0 internal DVB-s card.
It has a size of Low Profile PCI card, and can be placed in either PCI slot 3.3V or 5V version), or even PCIe x16 slot inside your computer.
It makes no electrical contact with PCI slot itself. Dummy board-edge connector works as an anchor and keeps SkyWalker-2 securely mounted inside your computer.
Digicipher II Combo
Digicipher II Split (I/Q)
Digicipher II Offset QPSK
DVB-S2 standard is not supported.
Symbol Rate: 256 - 30000 ksps
• Frequency range: 950-2150 MHz
• input connector: IEC F-type female
• LNB/switch control: 13/18V (or 14/19V), 22 kHz, Tone Burst, DiSEqC 1.0/1.2, Legacy switch commands, max. 750 mA *
* 750mA is maximum NON-continuous (for several minutes) allowable load. To avoid overheating, it's advisable not to exceed 450mA for permanent load.
Minimum PC requirements
• Pentium III 1GHz (more powerful CPU and advanced graphics card are required for HDTV programming)
• Supported Operating System: Windows 2000, and both, 32-bit and 64-bit versions of XP/2003™, Vista/2008™, and Windows 7™.
• Sound card
• available USB 2.0 5-pin or 10-pin header on the motherboard (check your motherboard manual).
• SkyWalker-2 internal DVB-s card (the size of Low Profile PCI card)
• 12" 5-pin to 5-pin internal USB 2.0 cable
• replacement bracket (to convert SkyWalker-2 into standard size PCI card)
• TSReader™ (evaluation version is available from COOL.STF web-site) + genpix interface ver. 1.6 or newer
• DVB Dream (available from dbvdream.org web-site) + genpix interface ver. 1.1.6 or newer
• MyTheatre (available from MyTheatre web-site), ver. 4.0 or newer
Supported standalone receivers
• CaptiveWorks CW-3000HD and CW-4000HD (you need to download software version 220.127.116.11 or newer from CaptiveWorks web-site)
If you want to read more about DVB modulation/transmission find official DVB documents (just google them).
If you want to start from something easier to underspend try to find "reviews for dummies".
If you already know basic stuff (or think that you know) try to read very good reviews at COOL.STF
SkyWalker-2 with standard and low-profile PCI brackets (please select one of the bracket styles during check out):
This is what you will get when you buy SkyWalker-2 with both styles of PCI bracket:
If you have multi-Sat system and you need to switch between LNBs you can do it ether with the help of DISEqC switches or legacy DishNet switches. TSReader supports both types. DVB Dream and MyTheatre support DISEqC switches only (at the moment). You can even use a 22kHz tone to control some switches/LNBs (if you have such types).
Guaranteed 750mA output current insures reliable work even with a power-hungry dish motor. Though it's advisable not to exceed 500mA level for permanent load.
SkyWalker-2 needs adequate cooling. When active, it generates about 4 Watt of heat. If mounted outside the PC case, passive airflow is enough to cool SkyWalker-2 properly.
When mounted inside PC case, please make sure that SkyWalker-2 does not sit inside "heat-trap".
Questions are welcome. Just drop me a note
Warranty period is limited to 12 months (parts and labor).
Damages caused by negligence or mechanical damages are not covered by warranty.
This hardware/software/firmware does NOT do any decryption. It's for clear/unencrypted signal ONLY.